From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge ignoring -v switch
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 20:52:11
1 On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 15:18:40 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > But then if there were say 5 ebuilds running in parallel and all their
4 > output printed in the same terminal, it would be almightily difficult
5 > to untangle the spaghetti that may show up in an error?
6
7 Which is why setting -j >1 sets wh
10 Neil Bothwick
11
12 I don't have any solution, but I certainly admire the problem.
13 at is now the quiet-build option, so you only get the progress
14 information from portage, not from gcc. If one of your ebuilds fails, the
15 gcc output is displayed at the end.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 I've got a mind like a... a... what's that thing called?