From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [NOTE] New default behavior in latest nfs-utils (1.3.2-r1)
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 02:15:22
1 On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 8:35 PM, <wabenbau@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Am Sonntag, 01.02.2015 um 16:31
3 > schrieb walt <w41ter@×××××.com>:
4 >
5 >> For example, I had to add the rpcbind.service to the multi-user
6 >> systemd target because even nfs3 seems to need it. (I knew when I
7 >
8 > I never used systemd, so I don't know if adding the rpcbind.service to
9 > the multi-user systemd target is also starting rpc.statd. AFAIK this
10 > process is also necessary for a proper working nfs.
13 I believe that starting nfs-client.service or nfs-server.service
14 starts everything needed EXCEPT rpcbind. I'd have to re-trace
15 everything, but I think that there are multiple packages involved here
16 and the upstream units don't include the necessary dependencies (I
17 think nfs-server depends on rpcbind.target, but nothing in the target
18 forces the rpcbind service to run - going from memory here).
19
20 I believe this is only an issue for serving nfs. If you're just using
21 the client then you're fine just starting nfs-client, and systemd will
22 start that if it mounts the nfs share (such as from fstab).
25 Rich