From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] viewing consoles remotely
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 05:13:02
1 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > I am aware of screen, but AFAIK screen can't show the buffer locally on
3 > the console as well as remotely to a user, at the same time...
4 >
5 > thanks for the tips,
6
7 # screen -x (name of screen)
8
9 Multi-user mode. Only works as root, regardless of who started the screen.
10
11 For your situation, assuming I've interpreted it correctly, you should
12 get the user to SSH into your box, set their shell in /etc/passwd to
13 /usr/bin/screen -S (something memorable) /bin/bash, and yourself run
14 sudo screen -x (something memorable) to view it.
15
16 Beware if you're trying to spy without being noticed: screen -x is
17 interactive, so be careful what keys you hit.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list