From: Luke Albers <gtg940r@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] enlightenment 16 or 17
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:16:49
1 On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 14:45 +0200, Fernando Meira wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have recently emerged e16 for trial (I always used KDE) and I
5 > haven't explored it too much yet, but I'm quite happy with it. I'll be
6 > looking for a pretty desktop theme (which I haven't found yet) and
7 > arrange it to my way.
8 > However, I been reading in forums about e17, which is still (who knows
9 > until when) development, and I was thinking about if it is worth to
10 > update my e16. How stable is e17? The new stuff worth it? Any comments
11 > about this?
12 > Also, is there any links to HOWTO configure it (e16) and howto
13 > install&use those nice panels that I see on some screenshots? As i
14 > understood, some of them are from e17 libs, but work on e16, right?
17 I have been using e17 every day for about 3 months, and it runs fine. I
18 have never used e16 so I cant tell you if "the new stuff is worth it",
19 but e17 rocks.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list