From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kompozer: undefined reference to `SEC_ASN1Encode_Util'
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 18:19:13
1 On Tuesday 03 May 2011 09:12:04 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Monday 02 May 2011 21:18:00 Mick wrote:
3 > > A bit O/T to the original post, but how does kompozer compares to
4 > > Komodo-edit?
5 >
6 > I was too terse a moment ago. I haven't seen Komodo-edit, but from the list
7 > of features on Softpedia's site it seems to omit the one thing I use
8 > Kompozer for: WYSIWYG style editing.
9 >
10 > It's extremely useful to be able to see the effect on a web page of a small
11 > change in a style definition - the instant the change goes in. No
12 > before-and- after comparisons, no unnoticed effects on other style
13 > elements.
14
15 I see. Useful to know. With Komodo-edit you refresh the page in Firefox
16 (it's inbuilt browser).
19 > For content editing I prefer BlueFish, but when I approached a site
20 > redesign idea the other day I realised I'd be lost without Kompozer. It
21 > really is that good.
22 >
23 > It does have bugs, but most of those can be evaded by following Greg
24 > Tutor's tutorials on the web. It also needs a lot more development effort.
25
26 I'll keep an eye on it, to see when it makes it in stable.
29 Regards,
30 Mick