From: Hendrik Boom <hendrik@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo still not up -- now no kbd driver
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 17:36:52
1 On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 18:53:08 +0200, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2
3 > Hendrik Boom schrieb:
4 >> Still having trouble with my first gentoo install. Now X fails to come
5 >> up.
6 >>
7 >> The relevant message seems to be;
8 >>
9 >> # grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log
10 >> (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
11 >> (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
12 >> (EE) Failed to load module "kbd" (module does not exist, 0)
13 >> (EE) No Input driver matching `kbd'
14 >>
15 >> Presumably this indicates something isn't installed you -- but what is it
16 >> I have to emerge to get module 'kbd'? Or is it more complicated than
17 >> that? Would it help to post a batch of config files and the entire log
18 >> file, or would that just be wasting bandwidth?
19 >>
20 >> -- hendrik
23 > Have you enabled the keyboard USE flag under INPUT_DEVICES in
24 > xorg-xserver? You can set this in make.conf.
27 make.conf ends with the lines
28
29 INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse"
30 VIDEO_CARDS="radeon"
31
32 Is this what you mean?
33
34 > For information take a look here:
35 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
36 > Step 2 Installing Xorg.
37 >
38 > Have you also enabled keyboard support in your kernel?
41 I use genkernel to create the kernel. Mind you, I ran genkernel in a
42 chroot under Debian Etch. How can I tell whether keyboard support has
43 been enabled?
44
45 It is possible to log in as root on a text console as soon
46 as gentoo finishes booting (without X, of course). Is this the keyboard
47 support you mean, or is this something else?
48
49 -- hendrik
52 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list