From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo still not up -- now no kbd driver
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 17:57:52
1 > make.conf ends with the lines
2 >
3 > INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse"
4 > VIDEO_CARDS="radeon"
5 >
6 > Is this what you mean?
7
8 Seems to be okay
9
10 > I use genkernel to create the kernel. Mind you, I ran genkernel in a
11 > chroot under Debian Etch. How can I tell whether keyboard support has
12 > been enabled?
13
14 You can check with
15
16 zcat /proc/config.gz | grep KEYBOARD
17
18 > It is possible to log in as root on a text console as soon
19 > as gentoo finishes booting (without X, of course). Is this the keyboard
20 > support you mean, or is this something else?
21 >
22 > -- hendrik
25 If this is working and you can type commands you have the module enabled!
26
27 I was just guessing and don't know what is causing this problems maybe a
28 problem with your xorg.conf
29
30 Regards,
31