From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo in a tight place
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:45:44
1 --- Justin Patrin <papercrane@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 10/10/05, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 > > Hello everybody,
6 > >
7 > > That min-install I was talking about failed due to
8 > > lack of disk space. I'm trying to install on a
9 > 3.2G
10 > > drive. Partitions are :
11 > > / of 1.47G ext2
12 > > /home 1.1G ext2
13 > > 500M swap
14 > > 100M /boot reiserfs
15 > >
16 > > I was going to use this disk to help
17 > diagnose/repair
18 > > the 120G which is down. I guess I don't really
19 > need a
20 > > /home dir. Is there someway to free up some space
21 > on
22 > > /home and make it available to /? I'd hate to have
24 > > wipe the disk and start over; it took about two
25 > days
26 > > straight to download all the files at 2.8K over
27 > the
28 > > phone line!
31 > If there's nothing in /home you could try using
32 > parted to remove the
33 > partition and resize the / partition to take the
34 > whole thing.
35
36 Hmm, this sounds better than the symlink solution.
37 DumbQuestion1: does resize destroy data?
38 Re-downloading this mess is not an option :(
39 >
40 > --
41 > Justin Patrin
42 >
43 > --
44 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
52 Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page!
53 http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
54 --
55 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list