From: Justin Patrin <papercrane@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo in a tight place
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:16:04
1 On 10/10/05, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello everybody,
3 >
4 > That min-install I was talking about failed due to
5 > lack of disk space. I'm trying to install on a 3.2G
6 > drive. Partitions are :
7 > / of 1.47G ext2
8 > /home 1.1G ext2
9 > 500M swap
10 > 100M /boot reiserfs
11 >
12 > I was going to use this disk to help diagnose/repair
13 > the 120G which is down. I guess I don't really need a
14 > /home dir. Is there someway to free up some space on
15 > /home and make it available to /? I'd hate to have to
16 > wipe the disk and start over; it took about two days
17 > straight to download all the files at 2.8K over the
18 > phone line!
21 If there's nothing in /home you could try using parted to remove the
22 partition and resize the / partition to take the whole thing.
25 Justin Patrin
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list