From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel panics and more info
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 13:06:18
1 On Thursday 21 July 2011 05:54:32 Dale wrote:
2 > I been working on gathering information for this for a while. I just
3 > tried something else. I use the download helper plugin in Firefox to
4 > download videos. Also, it crashes when I am downloading videos but that
5 > is about all I use Firefox for. I had a light bulb moment and decided
6 > to see if the same plugin was available for Seamonkey. It was available
7 > so I installed it. It works the same as in Firefox. So, I closed as
8 > much stuff as I could and started downloading a couple good size
9 > videos. After a few minutes, you guessed it, kernel panic followed by a
10 > reboot. To make sure it was not a fluke or something, I repeated the
11 > process and got the same result.
12
13 Dale,
14
15 I would suspect the download-helper-plugin as that is common in both the
16 Firefox and Seamonkey crashes.
17 Can you provide a link to the plugin you use to allow others to test this to
18 see if it works for them?
21 Joost