From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new genkernel problem
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 17:19:19
1 On 06/06/2020 23:11, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > You don't boot from an encrypted drive (yet) or use unusual hardware,
3 > that's what I meant by a plain system. Dracut handles booting from a a
4 > btrfs root on a LUKS encrypted block device here with no fancy
5 > configuration. It really is impressive the way it figures so much out for
6 > itself.
7
8 All I need is for it to figure out dm-integrity, and it'll boot my setup
9 fine ... hard-drive -> dm-integrity -> md-raid -> lvm -> filesystem
10
11 I'm trying to get round the fact that a damaged disk will mess up raid,
12 so I want to add just that little bit more robustness :-)
13
14 Cheers,
15 Wol