From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Do I really need 194 pkgs to install git?
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 03:06:17
1 No doubt suffering from overdose of pilot error here but on a new (in
2 progress) install of gentoo as guest in vbox. I ran the command
3
4 emerge -vp dev-vcs/git and come up with 194 pkgs that need to be
5 installed.
6
7 Well, that seems just a wee bit excessive for an install just getting
8 underway.. no X and very bare bones so far.
9
10 So I imagine I've done something thats causing that massive of a list
11 of dependencies.
12
13 I tried a few USE flags like -X and that did drop it down to
14 187... but jeez still thats a bit off the wall.
15
16 I am running ~x86, but cancelling that only drops the count by a
17 couple of pkgs too.
18
19 I do have a few USE flags in make.conf:
20
21 USE="bindist mbox
22 -ipv6 -screensaver -selinux" (bindist appeared there by default)
23
24 Does this seem a bit unreasonable to anyone else?