From: Hung Dang <hungptit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM2 problem
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 07:12:15
1 Hi Alan,
2 Thanks a lot for a quick reply. It turn out that I need to activate LVM
3 at the boot time using rc-update.
4
5 Hung
6
7 Alan McKinnon wrote:
8 > On Saturday 04 April 2009 08:36:08 Hung Dang wrote:
9 >
10 >> Hi all
11 >> I have a strange problem with LVM2. I follow this guide
12 >> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/lvm2.xml to create the LVM2 volume named vg
13 >> then create the logical volume /dev/vg/data. Everything went fine and I
14 >> can mount the volume /dev/vg/data to /mnt/data without any problem.
15 >> However, when I restart my computer the logical volume is disappeared.
16 >> I can always replicate this problem by create a new LVM group then
17 >> restart my computer.
20 > Most likely is that the commands necessary to activate the LVM at boot time
21 > are not being run. Test this theory by running as root:
22 >
23 > vgchange -a y
24 > and mount the device.
25 >
26 > If it then works, check the usual things, like /etc/init.d/lvm is in your boot
27 > runlevel
28 >
29 > Also check dmesg for obvious errors.