From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM2 problem
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 07:04:45
1 On Saturday 04 April 2009 08:36:08 Hung Dang wrote:
2 > Hi all
3 > I have a strange problem with LVM2. I follow this guide
4 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/lvm2.xml to create the LVM2 volume named vg
5 > then create the logical volume /dev/vg/data. Everything went fine and I
6 > can mount the volume /dev/vg/data to /mnt/data without any problem.
7 > However, when I restart my computer the logical volume is disappeared.
8 > I can always replicate this problem by create a new LVM group then
9 > restart my computer.
10
11 Most likely is that the commands necessary to activate the LVM at boot time
12 are not being run. Test this theory by running as root:
13
14 vgchange -a y
15 and mount the device.
16
17 If it then works, check the usual things, like /etc/init.d/lvm is in your boot
18 runlevel
19
20 Also check dmesg for obvious errors.
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com