From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] locale issue to clean up
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 19:03:11
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 08 December 2008, Mark Knecht wrote:
5 >> I guess what I have left to decide is what to do with
6 >> /etc/env.d/02locale. smallnow suggests putting everything in there it
7 >> seems. I suspect others here have working systems but nothing in those
8 >> files. I've never modified that file in 8 years of running Gentoo. I
9 >> suppose I probably missed the memo! I tried to solve this problem a
10 >> couple of months ago and heard something similar on the gentoo-64 list
11 >> but didn't get far enough to want to do it. Maybe now's the time?
14 > Now I am getting confused - at least one box of mine does not
15 > have /etc/env.d/02locale at all. Am I supposed to create it manually?
18 I noticed earlier that that file does not belong to any package on my
19 machine so I would guess that you do have to create it. It appears I
20 did on mine anyway. If it needs to be updated later, I'm sure portage
21 will catch it and config updater will catch it.
22
23 Dale
24
28 P.S. I guess it could have been put there by a older package that is no
29 longer installed and just left over crude. I dunno. :/