From: Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alakeel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Restart network interface with systemd
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 02:55:36
1 Canek,
2 Thank you. The output is attached.
5 On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 8:10 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Mansour Al Akeel
7 > <mansour.alakeel@×××××.com> wrote:
8 >> Hello all,
9 >>
10 >> I installed gnome3 few weeks ago, and had to migrate to systemd.
11 >> The network init scripts are working fine. But I am not sure how to
12 >> restart a specific interface.
13 >> For example in the past I used to do:
14 >>
15 >> /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart
16 >>
17 >> The wlan0 starts through wpa_supplicant under openrc.
18 >>
19 >> I can not remember doing any modification to adopt to systemd. The
20 >> wpa_supplicant is not running under systemd, but wlan0 is working:
21 >>
22 >> neptune ~ # systemctl status wpa_supplicant
23 >> wpa_supplicant.service - WPA supplicant
24 >> Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/wpa_supplicant.service; disabled)
25 >> Active: inactive (dead)
26 >>
27 >> Jan 23 19:54:20 neptune systemd[1]: Collecting wpa_supplicant.service
31 >> I think it's because of dhcpcd, but not sure.
32 >> my question now, is how to stop wlan0 and start eth0 with systemd ??
33 >
34 > Are you still using the unpredictable network interface names[1]? Are
35 > you using net.ifnames=0 in your kernel command line?
36 >
37 > Could you please post the whole output of "systemctl --full --all"? We
38 > need to know what services you have enabled.
39 >
40 > Regards.
41 >
42 > [1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/
43 > --
44 > Canek Peláez Valdés
45 > Posgrado en Ciencia e Ingeniería de la Computación
46 > Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México

systemd.output application/octet-stream