From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Restart network interface with systemd
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 01:10:16
1 On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Mansour Al Akeel
2 <mansour.alakeel@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hello all,
4 >
5 > I installed gnome3 few weeks ago, and had to migrate to systemd.
6 > The network init scripts are working fine. But I am not sure how to
7 > restart a specific interface.
8 > For example in the past I used to do:
9 >
10 > /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart
11 >
12 > The wlan0 starts through wpa_supplicant under openrc.
13 >
14 > I can not remember doing any modification to adopt to systemd. The
15 > wpa_supplicant is not running under systemd, but wlan0 is working:
16 >
17 > neptune ~ # systemctl status wpa_supplicant
18 > wpa_supplicant.service - WPA supplicant
19 > Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/wpa_supplicant.service; disabled)
20 > Active: inactive (dead)
21 >
22 > Jan 23 19:54:20 neptune systemd[1]: Collecting wpa_supplicant.service
26 > I think it's because of dhcpcd, but not sure.
27 > my question now, is how to stop wlan0 and start eth0 with systemd ??
28
29 Are you still using the unpredictable network interface names[1]? Are
30 you using net.ifnames=0 in your kernel command line?
31
32 Could you please post the whole output of "systemctl --full --all"? We
33 need to know what services you have enabled.
34
35 Regards.
36
37 [1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/