From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] palemoon and pdfs
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 22:00:57
1 On Tue, Mar 03, 2020 at 11:16:21AM -0500, james wrote
2 > team-gentoo-user,
3 >
4 > Palemoon, Installed versions: 28.8.4, is great!
5 >
6 > But, no matter what I try, I cannot view 'pdf' files in
7 > palemoon. Is there a page that explains how to get pdf
8 > viewing working on ver 28.8.4?
11 > https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/moon-pdf-viewer/
12
13 You're better off invoking an external app (long story).
14
15 > Or a workaround like popping up another app so I can read the pdf, which
16 > are common, from whatever source?
17 > ANY hack would be OK....
18
19 Another Pale Moon user here. I use app-text/mupdf which is a
20 minimalist viewer. The controls are a bit wierd. To copy text hold
21 down the {CTRL} key and simultaneously drag the *RIGHT* mouse key to
22 extend-select a rectangle. "+" and "-" control the zoom and {SHIFT}{H}
23 expands/decreases to properly fit the window. Searching is like "less".
24 "/" searches forward (not case-sensitive) and "n" finds next occurence.
25 See the man page for more goodies.
26
27 In my case, it saves a copy of the pdf file in /tmp/mozilla_waltdnes0/
28 (*YES* with Pale Moon).
31 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
32 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications