From: "Benjamen R. Meyer" <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Default sound card for output...
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:17:34
1 Marc Joliet wrote:
2 > Am Wed, 06 Feb 2008 10:03:01 -0500
3 > schrieb "Benjamen R. Meyer" <bm_witness@×××××.com>:
4 >
5 >> My system has two sound-cards - one on the motherboard (snd_intel8x0)
6 >> and an one via PCI (SB Audigy/snd_emu10k1). I don't mind having the
7 >> driver compiled for the snd_intel8x0 card, but I want the Audigy as my
8 >> default card chosen for playback.
9 >>
10 > [SNIP]
11 >> So what's the easiest way to set the Audigy as my default sound card?
12 >> If I have to use uDev, then what's the easiest way to identify and
13 >> order the devices and be able to capture all their sub-devices as
14 >> well?
15 >
16 > Hi,
17 >
18 > there's a HOWTO for this on the Gentoo wiki site (gentoo-wiki.com). I'd
19 > link to it, but I can't reach the site right now as it won't load.
20 > There's also some info and an example (albeit for Debian) on the ALSA
21 > project wiki:
22 >
23 > http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/MultipleCards#Multiple_Sound_Cards_--_Example_on_Debian_GNU.2FLinux
24
25 Thanks that did the trick. I was unable to get to the Gentoo Wiki site
26 too, but Google's cache of the ALSA docums worked just fine:
27
28 http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:jt--8lMDQMsJ:gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_ALSA_sound_mixer_aka_dmix+gentoo+wiki+multiple+sound+cards&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=firefox-a
29
30 Now it all works! :->