From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Progress on s/udev/mdev/
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:24:42
1 On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 09:53:50PM -0600, Dale wrote
2
3 > Question: Is this going to be added to the shiney new Gentoo wiki at
4 > some point? The wiki needs some more content for sure. ;-)
5 >
6 > I didn't know if ya'll had thought of this before or not.
7
8 Actually, I was hoping to convince the devs to accept a patched ebuild
9 that would accept busybox with the +mdev flag, in addition to the other
10 options in RDEPEND. If this gets accepted by the devs, it would imply
11 changes in the Gentoo docs, plus an additional new profile, etc, etc.
12
13 Right now, it has to be manually maintained, because it's off the
14 beaten path, and beta-testing, etc. I'm not looking to fork Gentoo. I
15 want this to become another optional profile, not a hack-job that has to
16 be manually maintained by the user.
17
18 IANACP (I Am Not A C Programmer). I'm willing to help out in the
19 documentation, or where ever else I can.
22 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>