From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gpm (X11): touchpad OR usb-mouse?
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:40:57
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:55:46 +0200
4 Jarry <jarry@×××.net> wrote:
5
6 > Is it possible to configure gpm so, that if usb-mouse is
7 > attached, then only mouse can be used as pointing device?
8
9 You may try to use udev for that. It can call scripts when devices are
10 plugged in and out or just present at boot (using coldplug for older
11 udev versions). You can let the script switch configuration files and
12 send gpm a signal that lets it read its configuration again. The key is
13 that you should not use "/dev/input/mice" as the device but have two
14 separate gpm configurations with "/dev/input/mouseN" (you can also use
15 udev to give more persistent names).
16
17 Sorry, I can't go much into practical details, I've no use for this,
18 personally :-)
19
20 -hwh
21 --