From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gpm (X11): touchpad OR usb-mouse?
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:02:09
1 Hi,
2
3 I have following problem: with my notebook I am mostly
4 using usb-mouse, but sometimes I'm too lazy to pull it out
5 of bag (or I forget to take it), and in such a case I must
6 use Synaptics Touchpad.
7
8 Both of them work with gpm (in console), problem is that
9 when mouse is attached, I can move cursor with both a mouse
10 and touchpad.
11
12 Is it possible to configure gpm so, that if usb-mouse is
13 attached, then only mouse can be used as pointing device?
14 And if no mouse is found, then (and only then) touchpad
15 works? Problem is I do not know how to turn touchpad off.
16 There is a button for it, but apparently it works only with
17 windows-drivers...
18
19 And btw, I would like to have similar "auto-switch"
20 configuration for X11: Is it possible (without switching
21 manually config files)?
22
23 Jarry
24 --