From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gpm (X11): touchpad OR usb-mouse?
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 23:22:44
1 On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 21:55 +0200, Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have following problem: with my notebook I am mostly
5 > using usb-mouse, but sometimes I'm too lazy to pull it out
6 > of bag (or I forget to take it), and in such a case I must
7 > use Synaptics Touchpad.
8
9 > Is it possible to configure gpm so, that if usb-mouse is
10 > attached, then only mouse can be used as pointing device?
11 > And if no mouse is found, then (and only then) touchpad
12 > works?
13
14 I have wanted to do this for aaages, but I always thought it was
15 impossible - until I noticed I have:
16 /dev/input/mice
17 /dev/input/mouse0
18 /dev/input/mouse1
19 /dev/input/mouse2
20
21 If I `cat /dev/input/mice` I get output when I move either my stick
22 (yeuch), touchpad, or usb mouse.
23
24 However, mouse0 only gives output for the stick, mouse1 for the
25 touchpad, and mouse2 for the usb mouse.
26
27 Perhaps this is the answer - you might need to change MOUSEDEV
28 in /etc/conf.d/gpm depending on what you have plugged in. For X, you
29 would have to change Option "Device" from "/dev/input/mice" to a
30 specific /dev/input/mouseX.
31
32 I don't know how to do this automatically, nor how to make X use a
33 different mouse without restarting...
34
35 Hope this helps you on the way though.
39 <<<<< EVACUATION ROUTE <<<<<
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list