From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google privacy changes
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 19:32:13
1 On Thursday 26 Jan 2012 18:09:16 Florian Philipp wrote:
2
3 > This made me thinking: Does anyone out there use different browsers for
4 > different services? Like using Chrome only for GMail, Youtube and G+,
5 > Opera for Facebook and Firefox for normal browsing?
6
7 Yes, I use Chromium --incognito to check some financial websites, Firefox with
8 private browsing to do my banking and log in to work remotely (Citrix SSL VPN)
9 and Opera for very much everything else because of its speed and
10 configurability (although these days most browsers have caught up with Opera in
11 most respects).
14 > I guess you could achieve the same using different user profiles. For
15 > example `firefox --no-remote -P google` and `firefox --no-remote -P
16 > default`.
17
18 Ha! I didn't know that FF can handle different profiles! I better read on this
19 now.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick