From: Eddie Mihalow Jr <eamjr56@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Daniel Robbins' come back ?
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:12:57
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > On Sonntag, 13. Januar 2008, Eddie Mihalow Jr wrote:
3 >> Naga Toro wrote:
4 >>> On Sunday 13 January 2008 15.07.57 Eddie Mihalow Jr wrote:
5 >>>> I guess you don't get the point of being also in a flame war with a
6 >>>> ex-dev who although very bright lacks in all the social skills. I read
7 >>>> the thread of these two going at it and hell, I wanted to leave. Who
8 >>>> needs the grief of listening to that crap from some a**hole who LEFT the
9 >>>> project. Give me a break.
10 >>> That would be two a**holes in that discussion. If you read it you would
11 >>> know that may devs tried to correct drobbins but that he couldn't accept
12 >>> the fact that he wasn't the chief anymore and that things have changed
13 >>> since he left.
14 >>>
15 >>> I'm not sure that the best guy to run Gentoo is a guy who wants to be THE
16 >>> chief and not one of the community.
17 >> First D Robbins created Gentoo. Second what part of ex-dev don't you
18 >> understand.
19 >> If you are an ex-dev you shouldn't even be in the discussion period.
20 >
21 > that is one of the most stupid things I ever read on this list. So users
22 > should never be part of discussions? Their needs? Their opinions?
23 >
24 > Also, drobbins continued his attacks even after explained SEVERAL times that
25 > the stuff ciaranm was doing was a) wanted and b) helpfull and c) supervised
26 > by devs.
27 >
28 > But he couldn't shut up OR accept that things changed since he left.
29 >
30 > Somebody who can not deal with changes, is somebody certainly unfit for
31 > leadership.
32 >
33 > Yes, he started gentoo (my first gentoo was 1.0). And compared to the chaotic
34 > times, gentoo is a heaven of stability today. Back under drobbins leadership
35 > it was ok, that the tree was broken or some update screwed your system.
36 > Happened all the time - nobody complained (too loudly). And some day he left.
37 > Things changed. Gentoo is much more stable today. There is no breakage of the
38 > week. No large scale surprising 'nothing works anymore'. A lot of things were
39 > done - without him.
40 >
41 > And he comes back and thinks that he can do better? Please - he already has
42 > shown that he can't. He has shown that he will leave projects after a short
43 > while (stampede, freebsd, enoch, gentoo, Microsoft). He has never shown that
44 > he can pull through with a project.
45 It is not stupid, just a difference of opinion.
48 Edward A Mihalow Jr
49 Mudbug Computers and Networks
50 Gentoo! Linux
51 Registered Linux User#225662