From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Daniel Robbins' come back ?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:46:18
1 On Sonntag, 13. Januar 2008, Eddie Mihalow Jr wrote:
2 > Naga Toro wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 13 January 2008 15.07.57 Eddie Mihalow Jr wrote:
4 > >> I guess you don't get the point of being also in a flame war with a
5 > >> ex-dev who although very bright lacks in all the social skills. I read
6 > >> the thread of these two going at it and hell, I wanted to leave. Who
7 > >> needs the grief of listening to that crap from some a**hole who LEFT the
8 > >> project. Give me a break.
9 > >
10 > > That would be two a**holes in that discussion. If you read it you would
11 > > know that may devs tried to correct drobbins but that he couldn't accept
12 > > the fact that he wasn't the chief anymore and that things have changed
13 > > since he left.
14 > >
15 > > I'm not sure that the best guy to run Gentoo is a guy who wants to be THE
16 > > chief and not one of the community.
17 >
18 > First D Robbins created Gentoo. Second what part of ex-dev don't you
19 > understand.
20 > If you are an ex-dev you shouldn't even be in the discussion period.
21
22 that is one of the most stupid things I ever read on this list. So users
23 should never be part of discussions? Their needs? Their opinions?
24
25 Also, drobbins continued his attacks even after explained SEVERAL times that
26 the stuff ciaranm was doing was a) wanted and b) helpfull and c) supervised
27 by devs.
28
29 But he couldn't shut up OR accept that things changed since he left.
30
31 Somebody who can not deal with changes, is somebody certainly unfit for
32 leadership.
33
34 Yes, he started gentoo (my first gentoo was 1.0). And compared to the chaotic
35 times, gentoo is a heaven of stability today. Back under drobbins leadership
36 it was ok, that the tree was broken or some update screwed your system.
37 Happened all the time - nobody complained (too loudly). And some day he left.
38 Things changed. Gentoo is much more stable today. There is no breakage of the
39 week. No large scale surprising 'nothing works anymore'. A lot of things were
40 done - without him.
41
42 And he comes back and thinks that he can do better? Please - he already has
43 shown that he can't. He has shown that he will leave projects after a short
44 while (stampede, freebsd, enoch, gentoo, Microsoft). He has never shown that
45 he can pull through with a project.
46 --
47 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list