From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] .wmv files
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 18:24:03
1 Farhan Ahmed wrote:
2
3 > For converting from .wmv to other formats I recommend mencoder (it comes
4 > with MPlayer).. Make sure you compile MPlayer with win32codecs USE
5 > flag.. Here's an example to convert movie.wmv to movie.avi (DivX) :
6 >
7 > mencoder movie.wmv -o movie.avi -ovc lavc -oac lavc
10 It's important to note that the above only works for wmv8 and older
11 files not the newer wmv9 codec that many sites/tools are starting to
12 use. I don't believe there is any free decoder of wmv9 files on Linux at
13 the moment.
14
15 kashani
16 --