From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] single core athlon?
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 02:09:49
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > I have one of those under my desk at home. Finally switched it off for
3 > the last time about 2 months ago.
4 >
5 > So yes, you can run 64 bit Gentoo on it just fine. Make the
6 > appropriate changes in make.conf and away you go.
7 >
8 > Just because distro X does not support cpu Y in mode Z does not mean
9 > that the compiler doesn't support it.
10 >
11 > On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 5:15 AM, <mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com