From: Galevsky <galevsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Mysql and utf8: Can't initialize character set utf-8
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 09:22:24
1 2009/4/30 Galevsky <galevsky@×××××.com>:
2 > Hi, I have a problem with mysql 5.0.71-r1 and utf8 charset.
3 <snip>
4 > and now my web sites can't connect to the DBs and I face the
5 > following error:
6 >
7 > Can't initialize character set utf-8 (path: /usr/share/mysql/charsets/)
8
9 Well.... can someone tell me if a utf-8 gentoo box shoud have the file
10 /usr/share/mysql/charsets/utf-8.xml ? I could be sure that the matter
11 comes from Portage/flags/whatever else during the installation
12 stage....
13
14 Thank you
15