From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Threads changing Was: OT: website design
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 12:58:16
1 On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 08:13:31AM -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 >
3 > As to your last - yes, I'm on Windows (as I stated before) - but nothing
4 > says this hack only works on Windows...
7 It doesn't work in linux.
8 It was the first thing I tried.
9
10 ***[Snip all the rest of the advice that doesn't work in linux]***
11
12 You know friend, you *really* shouldn't assume linux users will get
13 the same results you're getting on windows. It's a little frustrating,
14 especially when you tell people *they're* having PEBKAC errors and
15 being a bit smug and it turns out *you're* reporting your experiences
16 with a whole other OS.
17
18 It's bad form, and some people will get angry with you over that sort of
19 thing. Not me though, I should have stuck to the old rule that "headers
20 help determine credibility". Had I paid attention to that, I'd have
21 looked into it better before wastig so much time. :)
24 klaatu virada nicto