From: Ivan Alden <ivan.alden@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange grub problem
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 10:12:13
1 Thanks its fixed. I guess it was coincidence I lost power at the same
2 time to this issue. I appreciate the help.
3
4 Ivan
5
6 On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 01:24 -0500, Dale wrote:
7 > Ivan Alden wrote:
8 > > Hi,
9 > >
10 > > My laptop ran out of battery and shut off while I was using it and it
11 > > seems to have done some damage to the bootloader. When I reboot I can't
12 > > see the grub splashscreen any more but if I press enter I does boot into
13 > > my kernel. As the computer is booting the output looks all messed up
14 > > (but you can make that its initializing devices) until it reaches around
15 > > the networking devices which then corrects and works properly.
16 > >
17 > > I've tried reconfiguring grub with
18 > > root (hd0,0)
19 > > setup (hd0)
20 > >
21 > > Does anybody have any suggestions of how to fix this?
22 > >
23 > > Thanks.
26 > This was discussed over the past day or so. If I recall correctly the
27 > splash image has been moved by some package update. Just check that
28 > everything your grub boot line points to is actually there.
29 >
30 > If you need more info, I can search through my old emails and find the
31 > fixes for you.
32 >
33 > Dale
34 >