From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange grub problem
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 06:25:28
1 Ivan Alden wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > My laptop ran out of battery and shut off while I was using it and it
5 > seems to have done some damage to the bootloader. When I reboot I can't
6 > see the grub splashscreen any more but if I press enter I does boot into
7 > my kernel. As the computer is booting the output looks all messed up
8 > (but you can make that its initializing devices) until it reaches around
9 > the networking devices which then corrects and works properly.
10 >
11 > I've tried reconfiguring grub with
12 > root (hd0,0)
13 > setup (hd0)
14 >
15 > Does anybody have any suggestions of how to fix this?
16 >
17 > Thanks.
20 This was discussed over the past day or so. If I recall correctly the
21 splash image has been moved by some package update. Just check that
22 everything your grub boot line points to is actually there.
23
24 If you need more info, I can search through my old emails and find the
25 fixes for you.
26
27 Dale
28