From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] block for zfs-0.8.0 how to fix safely
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 13:42:02
1 On Tue, 28 May 2019 04:35:25 -0400,
2 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 > [1 <text/plain; US-ASCII (quoted-printable)>]
5 > On Tue, 28 May 2019 04:04:23 -0400, John Covici wrote:
6 >
7 > > In my latest update, there is a hard block sys-kernel/spl-0.7.13 is
8 > > blocking 0.8.0. Can I unmerge the old one and still have access to my
9 > > pools while the new one is compiled. My whole system except /boot is
10 > > on zfs, this is wny I am asking, or should I do this one emerge from a
11 > > rescue disk?
12 >
13 > spl is now part of the zfs package, so you will still have it after
14 > updating. During the update, the module will still be in memory. If you
15 > reboot during the update, you will have a problem, I kept a backup copy
16 > of the spl modules just in case, or you could quickpkg spl.
17
18 OK, thanks.
21 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
22 How do
23 you spend it?
24
25 John Covici wb2una