From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] block for zfs-0.8.0 how to fix safely
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 08:35:40
1 On Tue, 28 May 2019 04:04:23 -0400, John Covici wrote:
2
3 > In my latest update, there is a hard block sys-kernel/spl-0.7.13 is
4 > blocking 0.8.0. Can I unmerge the old one and still have access to my
5 > pools while the new one is compiled. My whole system except /boot is
6 > on zfs, this is wny I am asking, or should I do this one emerge from a
7 > rescue disk?
8
9 spl is now part of the zfs package, so you will still have it after
10 updating. During the update, the module will still be in memory. If you
11 reboot during the update, you will have a problem, I kept a backup copy
12 of the spl modules just in case, or you could quickpkg spl.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 The law of Probability Dispersal decrees that whatever it is that hits
19 the fan will not be evenly distributed.