From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge fetch grabs wrong file!?
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 19:52:15
1 On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 2:07 PM, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> > Whatever portage is fetching is turning into something
5 >> I didn't order. I checked in distfiles and sure enough,
6 >> there's no klibc* but a growing linux-2.6.26.tar.bz2.
7 >> Weird.
8 >>
9 >> Nothing is wrong. That file is required for klibc. From the
10 >> ebuild notes:
11 >
12 > Yes, I saw that too, but
13 >
14 > 1) why doesn't it list it from the start?
15 > 2) the 2.6.28 source is already in my box, and it wants the 26?
16 >
17 > Oh well, there goes my phone line for 5 more hrs <sob!>
18 >
19 > mw
20
21 It did include it in the total size estimate it gave in the first
22 output (48,765 kB). Your confusion may be from this: it is not
23 emerging a kernel package, it is simply downloading the kernel sources
24 as part of the klibc package.