From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why does revdep-rebuild object to mounting /var on /mnt/var ?
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:17:31
1 On Wed, Sep 11 2013, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 >>> OK, I get it. I'd write all that temp stuff to /var/tmp so it doesn't
4 >>> get nuked by something cleverly trying to manage /tmp.
5 >>
6 >> But A. McKinnon says (above) that an always valid rule of thumb is
7 >> "No object in /var/tmp can be expected to survive a reboot".
8 >
9 > There's another rule of thumb that's even more applicable:
10 >
11 > "We always do it this way, except when we don't"
12 >
13 Now I understand. Amazing what you learn from this group.
14 allan