From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev-140
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 06:35:35
1 On Tuesday 17 March 2009 00:52:16 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > > So Putty doesn't really suck in isolation. It does work and can really
3 > > operate any different way. Using Putty on it's host platform sucks to
4 > > someone who is used to much more efficient way to accomplish the same
5 > > task.
6 >
7 > Have you tried simply using openssh on Windows? Or is cmd.exe really
8 > the problem? I prefer Putty because I can more easily copy and paste,
9 > resize the window, scrollback, etc. versus the cmd.exe shell (which is
10 > basically useless). I'm sure there are alternative windows command
11 > shells (or you can use rxvt or something with cygwin)
12
13 This was the first time I had actually done something useful on Windows (apart
14 from a quick browser surf here and there) for about a year. It's my
15 girlfriend's machine and has putty so I used it.
16
17 I'm in the lucky position of not needing Windows for anything whatsoever, so
18 the annoyance of navigating putty once a year is far better than trying to
19 install something else more to my liking (which I would never use of course)
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com