From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Choice of Photo gallery tools
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:30:50
1 On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:05:12 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2
3 > never tried smugmug and don't know what your requirements are, but I
4 > push JAlbum. You can create some pretty good looking albums and run
5 > them from CD / HD / webserver (I especially like the fact that you don't
6 > need a webserver). It can synchronise to your website. There are a
7 > plethora of options and free + commercial skins, plus plug-ins to let
8 > you sell them online.
9 >
10 > Unfortunately it's just the generation tool, you have to find your own
11 > hosting.
12
13 If you want to host it yourself, there's Gallery. It too has plenty of
14 options and can take a little tweaking to get it just as you want.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 EASY TO INSTALL = Difficult to install, but instruction manual has
21 pictures.