From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Choice of Photo gallery tools
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 01:37:39
1 On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 17:14 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > I wondered if anyone here can speak on the various photo and gallery
3 > generating tools available on linux.
4 >
5 > I have photos on smugmug.com and wondered if there is do it yourself
6 > tools that come anywhere close the sophisticated handling they do.
9 never tried smugmug and don't know what your requirements are, but I
10 push JAlbum. You can create some pretty good looking albums and run
11 them from CD / HD / webserver (I especially like the fact that you don't
12 need a webserver). It can synchronise to your website. There are a
13 plethora of options and free + commercial skins, plus plug-ins to let
14 you sell them online.
15
16 Unfortunately it's just the generation tool, you have to find your own
17 hosting.
22 "My education message will resignate amonst all parents."
23
24 George W. Bush
25 January 19, 2000
26 Quoted in the New York Post.