From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Newcomer: Nvidia from GRP and MX4000
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:58:29
1 Thank you. Upon reflection after a remarkable exchange with helpful people
2 on iirc, I opted to start backing out packages. It seems I had left the
3 system in a somewhat convoluted state, notably by emerging nvidia-kernel
4 before xorg-x11, and having installed emacs first of all, which pulled in a
5 possibly partial install of xorg.
6
7 I actually ran an xorg setup program (xorgconfig) that helped get a credible
8 first off xorg.conf going, this time. Unmerged nvidia-kernel and nvidia-glx,
9 and finally as often seems to happen, just when I was about to give it up, I
10 walked back in the room and the gdm screen was staring me in the face!
11
12 So thanks, I will study your settings. I will have to work out TV out, and
13 reinstall nvidia drivers again, soon.
14
15 Alan
16