From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] another openoffice build failure
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 23:22:27
1 At Sat, 02 Sep 2006 14:10:10 -0700 Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > On 9/2/06, Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
4 >> Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-minimal.c: 137: realloc: Assertion `new == ptr' failed!
5 >
6 > Well this looks suspiciously like a hardware problem to me, but it
7 > could also be simply running out of memory. Can you try:
8 >
9 > MAKEOPTS=-j1 emerge --oneshot openoffice
10 >
11 > You might also want to add a fan to blow on your laptop while the
12 > build is running... :-)
13
14 I should have thought of -j1, thanks. It is running now. Will try
15 the fan if this fails. I will also check to see if it dies in the
16 same place, which would argue against the hardware problem.
17
18 thanks again,
19 allan
20 --