From: dnlt0hn5ntzhbqkv51 <dnlt0hn5ntzhbqkv51@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: revdep-rebuild question
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:10:04
1 > Alan,
2 > Seems reasonable. Would I (Could I?) then do an equery depends on
3 > each binary and assuming nothing depends on it remove them by hand
4 > without causing damage?
5 >
6 > I'd want to do another revdep-rebuild every so often to ensure that
7 > things remained consistent.
8
9 Makes sense to me - doing the equery on the package that installed the
10 binary (which may have a name unrelated).
11
12 IIUC, there are two tools useful for second/third opinions for this task;
13 dep and pquery. Here's an example of their use on fftw:
14
15 dep -L fftw
16
17 pquery --vdb --revdep sci-libs/fftw
18
19 And as you idicated, do a revdep-rebuild after the manual deletion.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list