From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 23:47:00
1 On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 00:34:55 +0200
2 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > 2. A discussion forum. For these you do munge Reply-To: to be the list
5 > so all discussion happens on-list and is visible to all
6 >
7 > gentoo-user has always been the latter and all discussion always takes
8 > place on-list. If some doc somewhere says otherwise, change the doc to
9 > reflect reality.
10
11 http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml mentions it is about support
12 too, and people that are here to be supported don't necessarily want to
13 follow the discussion that comes along as well; thus unsubscribe
14 before an answer or not subscribe at all in the first place, they then
15 instead rely on receiving a mail regardless of that.
16
17 CC-ing ensures that the minutes spent on the answer make it reach the
18 person; relying on that they are (still) subscribed, I can waste time.
19
20 See the most recent mail I sent before this for details.
23 With kind regards,
24
25 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
26 Gentoo Developer
27
28 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
29 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
30 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D