From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] no network "eth0" after upgrade.
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 17:02:04
1 On 12/20/2015 02:54 AM, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > However, I was amused to see that the Stage 3 Fstab does have the line :
3 > /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto 0 0
4 > Does anyone still use diskettes ? Today's mobos have no slot for them.
7 I have a USB floppy drive around for those BIOSes that have trouble
8 updating firmware from USB. I remember once there was a fix in the BIOS
9 update to make updating from USB work but you either needed a) a Windows
10 install or b) a floppy drive to apply the update.
11
12 Dan