From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] no network "eth0" after upgrade.
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 10:54:34
1 151220 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On 20 December 2015 05:19:13 CET, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> My Fstab has long had these lines :
4 >> # NB The next line is critical for boot!
5 >> none /proc proc defaults 0 0
6 >> When did this change & why ? Does anyone know ?
7 > It's been deprecated for a while. Not sure when, it was in a news item.
8 > It certainly hasn't been in stage3 tarballs for the past 2 years.
9
10 I checked the default Fstab which came with Stage 3
11 & there's no sign of it, so I deleted it, rebooted & everything works.
12 There were also these lines :
13 # >= glibc 2.2 expect tmpfs to be mounted at /dev/shm
14 # for POSIX shared memory (shm_open, shm_unlink).
15 # tmpfs is a dynamically expandable/shrinkable ramdisk
16 # and will use almost no memory if not populated with files.
17 # Adding the following line should take care of this:
18 none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
19 I deleted them too & it seems to have had no effect.
20
21 However, I was amused to see that the Stage 3 Fstab does have the line :
22 /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto 0 0
23 Does anyone still use diskettes ? Today's mobos have no slot for them.
27 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
28 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
29 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca