From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] device eth0 does not exist
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:52:41
1 On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:27:46 +0100, Stroller wrote:
2
3 > I understand the reason for deleting this file, but the NIC isn't
4 > showing up AT ALL at present. (as I read the postings; the post's
5 > subject might have been better titled "Network card not recognised")
6
7 I realised that from subsequent postings (the original wasn't too clear),
8 although the OP did mention the card showing up as eth1 at one point.
9
10 Didn't the e1000 module change name in a recent kernel release?
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Monday is the root of all evil!