From: Kai Kuehne <kai.kuehne@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Distcc using a x86-hardened and a pentium4 host
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 15:36:53
1 Hi Rumen,
2
3 On 3/7/06, Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org> wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 > Not 100 % sure but think that you can't use 'distcc' with hardened & vanilla
6 > profiles, even if gcc versions are the same.
7 > These profiles have different compile flags, etc.
8 > Some time ago here (ML) there were an error message due to use if hardened &
9 > normal GCC (python segfault IIRC) using "distcc".
10 > HTH.Rumen
11
12 Thanks!
13 Does anyone know that architecture is better?
14 Should I use x86 or i686 instead of amd64 to make distcc between my
15 server and my laptop(pentium4 profile) work?
16
17 Greetings :)
18 Kai
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list