From: Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Backup program that compresses data but only changes new files.
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 18:47:23
1 On 15/08/2022 08:52, Dale wrote:
2 > I just hope this 10TB drive isn't a SMR.  I googled around and the best
3 > I could find is anything above 8TB is CMR.  It's a WD101EDBZ-11B1DA0.  I
4 > hope that is right.  I'm not totally opposed to SMR even as a backup but
5 > I'd rather not.  The deal I found was for a pull and costs about $110
6 > including shipping.  I looked at a 14TB but my jaw dropped.  $$$$$$$$
7
8 Just done a search for you (it helps I know what I'm looking for), but
9 CMR it is ...
10
11 https://nascompares.com/answer/list-of-wd-cmr-and-smr-hard-drives-hdd/
12
13 I tend to go for OEM stuff, and know the names of the range I'm looking
14 for - Seagate Ironwolf, Toshiba N300 - about £170 for 8TB ...
15
16 Cheers,
17 Wol