From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] equery keywords and overlays
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 20:32:10
1 Hi,
2
3 Am Mittwoch, 19. Juni 2019, 23:16:50 CEST schrieb Grant Taylor:
4 > On 6/19/19 3:10 PM, Dale wrote:
5 > > I'm not sure this will apply. I know this option works in some uses
6 > > but not sure about yours. You may want to try it tho and see if it does
7 > > what you want.
8 > >
9 > > -o, --overlay-tree
10 > > Include package from overlays in the search path.
11 > >
12 > > I use it this way at times:
13 > >
14 > > equery list -po <package>
15 > >
16 > > That tells it to include packages that are in my local overlay, or other
17 > > overlays as well.
18 > >
19 > > May not help but it might.
20 >
21 > I did find "-o" and tried it as part of list, and it does work.
22 >
23 > However, it does not seem as if "-o" is an option to the "keywords"
24 > command. (It seems to be command specific, with "check", "has",
25 > "hasuse", and "list" supporting it.)
26 >
27 > Unfortunately, it does not look like "keywords" supports the "-o"
28 > (overlay) option.
29
30 It has an -O option, though. From the output of "equery keywords -h":
31
32 -O, --overlays Search also overlays (default: False)
33
34 HTH
35 --
36 Marc Joliet
37 --
38 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
39 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup