From: Hung Dang <hungptit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: DVD RW (recommendations
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 23:56:30
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > James wrote:
3 >> Hello
4 >> SATA or Eide on DVD rw choices (internal unit).
5 >>
6 >> Any cheap DVD rw that have success writing to
7 >> the many forms of rw DVDS, that one
8 >> would recommend?
9 >>
10 >> Any bands (plextor?) to avoid on gentoo?
11 >
12 > Instead of recommending what I have, I'll recommend what disc burning
13 > lunatics recommend (the folks from cdfreaks.com for example): The LG
14 > LS GH20LS15 is an excellent burner with very good write quality (read:
15 > your discs will live longer). It's a CD/DVD+R/DVD-R/Dual Layer combo
16 > burner. It's also very cheap (16 bucks here; that is Euros). It's a
17 > SATA drive.
18 >
19 > If you can't find the exact model, any LG model with "GH20" in the
20 > name will do. Make sure NOT to get a "GH22" model (like GH22LS30).
21 > Those have poor write quality due to a different chipset that doesn't
22 > perform well.
25 Check this link to find out which DVD-RW is suit for you:
26 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010100005%201036506653&name=DVD%20Burner
27 I use this DVD burner
28 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129023) in an
29 external box and have no complain about it.